5 Tips To Reclaim Your Health
Are you part of the 80% of Americans who set health-related resolutions for a new years resolution? If so, then it’s time to learn how to make sure your resolutions stick and you see the goals you want.
Why is this so important?
Simply put, the better health you are in means the lower your health insurance plans will be. This will save you money in the long run, prevent health scares, and help you to thrive in your life.
Below, we are sharing our top 5 tips on how to reclaim your health.
- Eat a diet full of nutrient dense foods. To make it simple for you and your family, focus on colorful foods at every meal that remind you of the rainbow. Doing this will allow your body to get all they vitamins and minerals it needs in order to have more energy and prevent illness. We’ve attached a chart below that shows the benefits that each color aids in.
- Move your body at least four times a week. This doesn’t mean doing exercises that you dread, rather find things that you enjoy. This can be as simple as a 30 minute walk, yoga, hiking, lifting weights, cycling as examples. Exercising can help you to have a healthy BMI (body mass index), reduces stress and anxiety, and can help prevent your risk for certain types of diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure.
- Schedule your health-related activities in your calendar. Start scheduling your grocery store shopping, meal prepping time, workouts, and earlier bed times in your phone the same as you do doctors appointments. This should become non-negotiable in your life, the same you prioritize other appointments.
- Make sleep your top priority. 35% of Americans are not getting the recommend 7-8 hours of sleep per night, according to research, which has detrimental effects including increased risk of obesity, depression, anxiety, and decreases your performance at work. Overcome this by putting your phone away at least 30 minutes before bed as the blue light from your mobile can prevent you from going into restorative REM sleep. Get blackout curtains or use a sleep mask to prevent light from waking you up, and use melatonin, valerian, or CBD oil to help you get a more restful sleep (as prescribed by your doctor).
- Utilize your health benefits as provided by your health-care provider. These can range from therapy sessions to acupuncture, lab tests, prescription drugs, and care before/after your baby is born. The value here is that it will save you money and help you to pay for what you really need. If you want to learn more about your benefits, speak to one of our advisors via our Benefits Coaching who can guide you through all your options.
Your health is our number one priority at Springboard Benefits. If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to reach out as we are here to help you and your family live a vibrant and healthy life.