Energy Boosting Smoothie Recipe
If you are looking for more energy, to have more restful sleep, or need to boost your immune system then keep reading to learn how the ingredients in this smoothie will boost your health.
The recipe list might look a little daunting. Don’t worry though, as you can remove any ingredients you don’t have or are not available. Smoothies are a fantastic option for breakfast because they are quick and easy to make, and you can add/remove anything to customize it to your preference.
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.Hippocrates
This smoothie is filled with nutrient dense whole foods (think fruits and vegetables) as well as superfoods. Below is a list of various superfood ingredients in this smoothie that have incredible benefits to your health.
- Spirulina: has antimicrobial properties that can prevent infections and viruses in the body, keeping your immune system health. Contains easily digestible protein, which is the perfect post-workout ingredient.
- Chia seeds: contains all essential amino acids, helping regenerate cells in the body, leading to a more youthful look. High in calcium, iron, and vitamins B, D, and E, all of which help to keep your body healthy.
- Turmeric: anti-inflammatory agent that has compounds which reduce chances or Alzheimers, reduces joint pain, and can improve liver function.
- Ginger: reduces inflammation that can cause migraines and headaches, arthritis, and menstrual cramps.
- Aloe vera: improves digestion, detoxifies the body, and helps with cell regeneration, all of which are critical whether you are trying to gain more muscle, get over being sick, or just increase your health.
- Cinnamon: can prevent candida, controls blood sugar, reduces cravings, and can boost brain function.
All of the ingredients paired together create a delicious smoothie that is incredibly good for you. So whether you are looking for some immediate energy, to relieve symptoms of a virus, or prevent yourself from getting sick, this is a smoothie that you should have at least once a week.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 inch chunk cucumber
- 2 cm chunk ginger
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash your spinach, cucumber, and black berries.
- Add ½ cup of water, handful of ice and all ingredients into your blender. Blend until fully smooth.
- Top with additional blackberries, chia seeds, oats, or anything else you wish.
If there are any ingredients on this list you don’t have you can emit from the recipe. Feel free to swap out ingredients such as the fruit, or by adding frozen instead of fresh. Optional to also add 1/4 cup of dry oatmeal for extra energy or 1 tbsp of nut butter for healthy fats.
written by Nikki Sharp, wellness expert, 2x best-selling author and health coach