Everything You Need to Know About the Coronavirus
Keep yourself safe this season.
As the nation goes into social distancing to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, it’s important to get up-to-date information.
Here at Springboard, it is our mission to help you to feel secure with your health insurance benefits and make sure that you have the answers you need.
What is the coronavirus?
According to the Mayo Clinic, “The coronavirus appears to be spreading from person to person. It may be spread by respiratory droplets when someone coughs or sneezes. But it’s unclear exactly how it spreads or how contagious it is. Research is ongoing. This virus is new, so not much is known about it yet.” It’s been officially renamed COVID-19, which you will hear as it’s referred to in the news of the dual names.
What are the symptoms?
- Respiratory symptoms ranging from cough, chest infections and in severe cases pneumonia
- Cold and fever symptoms
- Headaches, aches and pains ranging from mild to severe
I have symptoms, how do I know if it’s cold/flu or the Coronavirus?
Check the graphic below to see what your symptoms could mean. While there are limited test kits available in each state, the CDC is recommending you to self-isolate as most people will experience minor symptoms. They are recommending to contact your doctor if you have been in contact with anyone who has a confirmed case of the virus or recently traveled from areas that currently are infected.
If you are concerned about if your insurance covers testing or recovery of the virus, please schedule a call with our helpful Benefit Coaches.
What should I do if I think I have the Coronavirus?
- Stay home: People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to isolate at home during their illness. You should restrict activities outside your home, except for getting medical care.
- Avoid public areas: Do not go to work, school, or public areas.
- Avoid public transportation: Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- Stay away from others: As much as possible, you should stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available.
Please find more information provided by the CDC by clicking here.
How many cases are there?
As of March 16, 2020 there 179,165 confirmed cases worldwide, with the U.S. confirming 4,200. It’s important to know that the United States has taken preventative measures to do social distancing as they cannot confirm how many people currently have it, due to lack of testing.
While there are many cases, it should also be known that total recovered is 78,078. Most people will experience minimal symptoms and not need life-threatening treatment.
How can HELLO IRIS! can help me during this time?
We are here to assist you during these times of uncertainty. Call us anytime to speak with one of our helpful Benefit Coaches, who will guide you through what benefits your insurance plan covers in regards to the Coronavirus.
The hello iris! platform was created to serve you 365 days a year to give you peace of mind. We will also be publishing weekly articles during this period ranging from health tips, to reducing anxiety, top places to get your news, and videos from our panel of wellness experts.