Healthy & Delicious Bliss Balls
If you have ever bought a protein bar, you know that they can help curb hunger and are the perfect grab-and-go item, making healthy eating simple.
However, did you know that most protein and fiber bars are filled with hard to pronounce ingredients which your body has a hard time digesting, and are high in sugars.
Many contain products such as whey, that can cause digestion issues, inflammation in the body and acne. If you’ve dealt with any of these issues then you know how frustrating it can be to try to eat healthy but not see the results you want.
Today, we are sharing a delicious recipe that is simple to make and will help you achieve your health goals – putting your health in your own hands, with no confusion.
These Coconut Dreamsicle Bliss Balls are made of up high quality ingredients that will nourish your body and help you to get the nutrients you need.
With raw almonds, dates, orange juice and lemon, these are the perfect afternoon snack, or pre-workout food, that boost your immune health, while keeping you full.
The turmeric in them helps to reduce inflammation in the body which has the effect of decreasing pain and helping you feel better in your joints.
Coconut Dreamsicle Bliss Balls
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates (preferably soaked in water for an hour)
- 1 TBSP orange juice (freshly squeezed is ideal)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder + very tiny pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- In a food processor, combine dates and almonds, blending until almonds are smooth. Then add all other ingredients until fully combined. Optional to add a bit of orange and lemon zest – it will provide more nutrients and boost the flavor.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Optional (but recommended) to add more desiccated coconut and additional lemon/orange zest to a bowl, place to side.
- Roll your mixture into roughly one inch balls with hands, then roll in your coconut mixture.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
These bliss balls are very high in nutrients including protein and healthy fats from the almonds, natural sugar from the dates and vitamin C from the lemon and orange. Turmeric boosts your immune system, while the (very) small pinch of black pepper is needed to for the turmeric to be absorbed by the body.
We hope you enjoy these bliss balls!